Check-In Time: 3:00 p.m. Check-Out Time: 11:00 a.m.
Guests are required to produce a valid identification document upon check-in. For foreign guests, a valid passport will be required. For domestic guests, a valid national identification card or driver’s permit shall be accepted as proof of identity.
Guests checking into the hotel must be at least 18 years of age.
All guests under the age of 18 are required to be accompanied by an adult.
Rates are inclusive of all Applicable Taxes, Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, and Dinner.
Rates also include 30-minute guided Orientation Tour.
Changes to the dates of stay, number of guests per room, or number of rooms confirmed may change the rate and/or required payment of cancellation fees.
Children are allowed during the off-peak season (May – October) and are subject to availability.
Children 5 years of age and under stay free with an accompanying adult (2 children per room, based on room type). Children aged 6-12 years of age are offered 50% off the nightly rates.
EARLY ARRIVALS AND LATE DEPARTURES
Early check-in or late check-out is subject to room availability on the day of arrival or departure.
We ask that guests notify the ecolodge as far in advance as possible regarding requests for early arrivals or late departures.
Late check-outs can be offered complimentary up to 1 hour, if available. Late check-outs are subject to a charge of US$50 per hour from 12 Noon – 6:00 p.m., or a full night rate, per person, for check outs after 6:00 p.m.
If we are unable to accommodate your request, your luggage can still be securely stored at the hotel free of charge to you until the requested time of your late checkout.
Your package includes Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, and Dinner.
Meals will be served in the Dining Room of the Main House at the following times:
Breakfast – 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Lunch – 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Dinner – 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Afternoon tea will be served on the Verandah between 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
One (1) non-alcoholic beverage per person is included with your meals. Additional beverages will be added to your incidental charges.
All meals must be consumed on property.
50% down payment is required at the time of booking to confirm your reservation. The balance of payment is due 2 weeks prior to arrival.
A hold of US$400 will be placed on your credit card to cover incidentals.
Cancellations can be made up to 48 hours prior to arrival without penalty.
Cancellations under 48 hours prior to arrival will be subject to one (1) night’s charge, per person.
Rooms not occupied by 11:00 p.m. on the day of arrival will be seen as No-Show, unless the hotel has been informed of a late arrival.
No-show reservations are subject to one (1) night’s charge, per person.
– Groups – 6 Rooms or more
– Types of rooms and bedding: The allocation of rooms by type and bed configuration is subject to availability.
– To confirm a group, 50% of the total room rate charge, per person, is required. This deposit must be made within 10 days after receipt of the reservation request. If the Guaranteed Deposit has not been received within the established period, the room block is automatically released.
– The rooming list & the copies of passports must be sent at least 30 days prior to arrival of the group to the hotel. Name changes that do not require an increase or decrease in the number of rooms, may be sent 7 days prior to arrival.
– The reduction in the number of rooms once the group is confirmed is subject to penalties.
– Cancellation of all rooms 60 days before NO penalty applies.
– Cancellation of the total of rooms from 59 to 30 days before arrival will be subject to 50% cancellation fee on the total amount of the group.
– Cancellations made 29-15 days prior to arrival will be subject to 75% cancellation fee on the total amount of the group.
– Cancellations made 14 days or less prior to arrival will be subject to 100% cancellation fee on the total amount of the group.
– NO SHOWS are non-refundable.
Cancellation policies, payment dates, and special terms and conditions for each group will be specified in the contract once the group has been confirmed.
The above cancellation policies are a reference and may be subject to change if group size changes after service is confirmed.
Day Pass Time: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Day Passes are offered at TT$500 per person and includes:
· Lunch and one Non-alcoholic Beverage
· Complimentary 30-minute Orientation Tour
· Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all public areas
· Potable drinking water
· Complimentary access to our nature trails and natural pools
Guided Birding Tours are offered at TT$300 per person.
Reservations are required, and they are subject to availability.
Bookings must be made at least 48 hours prior to arrival through our Reservations Office and paid in full before arrival via an online payment link sent by the Reservations team.
Visits to the Oil Bird Caves are offered based on a 3-night minimum stay.
All pets are prohibited on property.
Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or over at all times and shall not be left unattended on the property at any time during their stay.
We are happy to offer a smoke-free environment.
This includes the use of cigarettes, cigars, E-cigarettes, vaping, and any other form of smoking.
Please note that a minimum fee of US$450 will be charged if smoke is detected in guest rooms.
We enforce a NO IN-ROOM PARTY POLICY to ensure that we can protect the hotel and our guests at all times. No parties, loud disturbances and/or noise-nuisance are allowed or tolerated on these premises. In the event of a disturbance, one polite request (warning) will be issued to reduce the noise. If our request is not followed, the guest will be asked to leave the hotel without refund.
Our natural pools are open 24 hours.
You may use these at any time once you are respectful of others and the pool rules.
No glass of any kind is allowed in the pool areas.
Personal electronics should be enjoyed privately with headphones.
Personal pool toys and/or floats are not allowed.
No rough play or horseplay.
Please do not disrupt the quiet enjoyment of other guests.
Please note the following:
· Be aware of your surroundings while in the Clear Water Pool and Naked Pool, as the strength of the river may change with heavy rainfall in the Arima area.
· For safety reasons we do not recommend that children under the age of 12 enter the Clearwater Pool waterfall and Naked Pool waterfall.
· To properly enjoy the pools, we recommend wearing bathing suits and water shoes, as areas can be slippery.
· Enjoy the natural river pools with caution, keep your head above water, do not dive or splash.
· We recommend that you wait at least one hour after eating before entering the natural pools.
· Older adults should remain in the company of a designated family member while at the pools.
· Pregnant women should consult with their doctor about bathing in the pools.
Cooking is not allowed in guests rooms or anywhere on the property. Violation of this policy will result in a cleaning/cleanup fee of US$300 and/or immediate eviction.
QUIET TIME – 10:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
Please be respectful of our other guests by keeping noise levels to a minimum and avoid all excessive commotion.
Guests are responsible for treating hotel property and amenities with respect. Guests will be charged for replacement or repair of damage to hotel property or guest rooms.
The Management assumes no responsibility for accidents, injuries, theft, or loss due to any cause.
To make your stay more enjoyable please adhere to the following:
· In case of thunderstorms or rain, please take precautions or ask for instructions.
· In case of an emergency, follow the instructions of HADCO Experiences’ staff members.
· Adults must always supervise their children in all resort areas.
· Trespassing beyond property limits is strictly prohibited.
· Food or Beverages purchased outside HADCO Experiences at Asa Wright Nature Centre, may not be brought into the property.
· Glass bottles or containers may not be brought into the property.
· Running in the common areas and jumping or diving into the pools is not allowed.
· Guests must exercise caution when walking in the common areas, as the grounds may be wet.
· Exercise caution when walking in the rivers as the river stones may be slippery or sharp.
· Exercise caution when walking down the stone footpaths and nature trails, as these areas are uneven and may be mossy and/or wet.
· Plants or animals may not be removed from property.
· Personal photography and videos are allowed in the resort. However, no photos or videos may be taken of other guests without their consent.
· If there is an interest in photographing or filming for advertising, professional, or educational purposes, please contact the marketing department at firstname.lastname@example.org for formal approval and for a guided tour of the facility.
· Aerial drone and unmanned aircraft use in the resort area is not permitted. The use of this equipment requires a previous formal approval from the management, and it is controlled as per Trinidad and Tobago regulations. (Refer to Trinidad and Tobago’s Civil Aviation Authority (TTCAA) Civil Aviation [(No. 19) Unmanned Aircraft Systems] Regulations, 2016, Legal Notice No. 183, Vol. 55, No. 132) for further information.
· All Day Pass guests must wear the admission band issued by the Front Desk once inside the property gates, which indicates to staff that you are a guest of the eco-lodge. Trespassing is not tolerated.
· Please be reminded that HADCO Experiences at Asa Wright Nature Centre is a Sanctuary and be mindful to preserve the environment and protect our flora and fauna during your stay.
· HADCO Experiences at Asa Wright Nature Centre maintains policies to fight any type of sexual exploitation of children and adolescents and supports the Children’s Act of Trinidad and Tobago that sanctions this type of human exploitation, as we consider that sexual exploitation of human beings violates the fundamental objective of tourism. HADCO Experiences will terminate immediately any contract with a company that in one way or another contributes to facilitating or promoting sexual exploitation. Additionally, we reserve the right to cancel or curtail reservations for guests with inappropriate conduct, or guests that due to his/her conduct may disturb or affect services to other customers.